The rules actually say that when a siege engine runs out of batter points or sits in contact with unoccupied enemy model one turn that it is "dismantled," not destroyed. We discovered this b/c the objective for "Silence the Artillery" is to "destroy" the siege engine.
I think there's a big difference between someone hitting a siege engine with a catapult and some goblin pulling the firing pin (or whatever).
Then there's the question of whether a siege engine remains at players disposal if it is destroyed in battle, and whether batter points it suffered are restored between battles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's my feeling that to reduce complexity, we should equate dismantled with destroyed, because who's to say what the goblins do to it. Maybe they pull a firing pin. Maybe they cut all the rope holding it together. I mean, it's the heat of battle. They're not going to carefully take it apart such that they can rebuild it later. They'd going to hack it. Of course, it's not as damning as a huge trebuchet boulder crashing down on it, but it's still damage. And especially since we allow people to repurchase siege weapons in the field.
So if batter points are inflicted on a weapon, but without destroying it, I think we should treat them as we do walls. They stay damaged unless repaired, at fractional cost just like we do with walls.
Now about "capturing" a siege weapon (i.e. let's say I kill off all of Jon's men in a battle, but do not destroy a treb. Do I keep it?). I'd say the capturing army gets to keep it. They may not use it until they purchase crew for it (they purchase the closest equivalent of crew, if different types are available; i.e. I can't purchase a troll to fire an Avenger, but I could for a treb). AND they may only fire it as an untrained crew. AND they may not use MWF on it.
My $0.02. :)
Banys
Post a Comment